Friday 15 June 2018

A Culchie Goes To: Galway City

This was my first trip to Galway city and I fell in love with the cobbled streets and lively pubs.
 Galway is the perfect mix of urban and country life and it’s no wonder why it’s so popular with tourists.

We were lucky that when we went the weather was wonderful unlike how it’s been recently. On the first day I decided to go casual and wear my favourite mom jeans from pull & bear and a fun pink crop top I picked up from forever 21. As I wanted to be comfortable during my bus ride yet still chic enough to explore Galway city with style. I definitely recommend buying jeans from pull & bear as I’ve had mine for a while and it’s still to show any signs of wear and tear.



Short breaks are all about how to fit as much clothes as possible into the littlest of space. So that’s why I brought my go to sandals for the summer with me. There not everyone’s taste and there certainly not my usual style but I wanted to try something that was a bit outside of my comfort zone and I’m so glad I did! They are completely different from the usual black and brown sandals I already own but can be worn with a variety of different outfits. So why don’t you take a step out of your comfort zone (big or small) and get yourself a pair of statement sandals. You certainly won’t regret it!
For going out, I decided to wear this checkered playsuit from Zaful I’ve been wanting to wear for some time. I loved the pattern and the style of the playsuit plus the material was very light which allowed me to move with ease during the warm night. I got the playsuit in a size bigger as was recommended but it ended up being way to big and I had to get it taken in. So I’d advise being very careful with sizing when buying from Zaful. Other than that I loved it! And will definitely be wearing it again sometime soon.




For the second day, I decided to pair a simple textured denim skirt from Zara with a trendy love heart bralet I purchased for €2 at Penneys (such a style steal!). I covered up with a see through sparkly t-shirt to add a touch of glam to my outfit.




Recently, I’ve been trying to get into wearing more jewellery and Penneys has been the place to go as their jewellery is cheap yet still fashionable and If I decide that jewellery isn’t really for me, I can easily get rid of it. So I paired all my outfits with their layered gold necklaces.

I think what really differentiates Galway’s nightlife from other places is the amount of pubs and bars. I really enjoyed hopping from bar to bar trying different drinks and dancing to different genres of music. It’s quite different from what I’m used to in Dublin where I usually just go to one nightclub and stay there for the night. It was certainly refreshing. 

I loved Galway and can't wait to go back soon to explore more of the beautiful county. Don’t forget to check out my Instagram @culchiecouture for more updates on what I’m doing and my latest outfits.

Love Aisha xx

Jeans - Pull & Bear
Crop Top - Forever 21
Denim Skirt - Zara
Bralet - Penneys
Sandals - PrettyLittleThing
Necklaces - Penneys

2 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit ♥ You're so amazing girl. I'm permanent reader now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry only seeing this now! Thanks for the support xx

    ReplyDelete