Monday 10 September 2018

Swimsuit or Bodysuit? Can you tell the difference?

First, it was wearing lingerie outside and now it’s swimsuits! And I’m absolutely living for it! For those of us who live in cold and wet climates, swimsuits, bikinis, tankinis and other pieces of clothing with -kini tacked onto the end are only brought out during unexpected heat waves and the yearly summer holiday to porteventura. However, it doesn’t have to be like that. 

Swimsuits resemble Bodysuits, and bikini tops resemble crop tops. The only big difference is the material. Which is an added benefit it my eyes because when the girl in front of you accidentally elbows you and spills your fluorescent colored cocktail all over your new outfit , you won’t feel like a wet seal as the material will soak it up and you can continue to dance the night away. 

I bought this monochrome swimsuit during the heat wave here but sadly by the time it arrived the hot weather was nowhere to be seen ( don’t you just love Irish weather...). And since I wasn’t going on any foreign exotic holiday this summer it was banished to the bottom of my wardrobe until the next time the sun reappeared. It wasn’t until I was cleaning out my closet, that I realised it would make a cute bodysuit.....and alas here we are.   

Outfit 1

For the first outfit, I decided to go with a classic black and white look by pairing the swimsuit with a black and white denim skirt. The “Girl” slogan on the skirt creates a contemporary air to the look and adds dimension to the outfit. 

If you’ve read my other blog posts you’ll know that I love adding fur to my outfits to add a touch of effortless glamour. Here, I wore my black faux fur gilet and it completely transformed the look.



I accessorized with a simple gold necklace and a teddy hat.



Outfit 2
One of the fun things about this swimsuit was the belt, you could tie it in different ways and I decided to wear it around my neck as a choker. 

To add a pop of colour, I paired the swimsuit with brightly coloured neon culottes. To some the pants may be a bit too o.t.t but the black and white of the swimsuit balance the bright colour of the pants perfectly.




Since my middle name is in fact “o.t.t”, I finished off the look by wearing a pair of similar coloured sandals. 




Outfit 3 
In my opinion, denim on denim is always in fashion but only if you style it correctly. Both the denim jacket and skirt were a combination of different coloured denim which added a stylish contrast to the two toned swimsuit. Wear a pair of chunky white trainers such as the fila disrupters (which are next on my to buy list), to make the outfit more trendy or dress it up by wearing lace up high heels or heeled knee high boots. 







That’s it for now, hopefully this blog post will encourage you to be more creative with your swimwear and maybe I’ll see a bit more people wearing their swimsuits outside! Don’t forget to subscribe and follow my instagram @culchiecouture. 

See you next time, Aisha xx

Outfit 1
Swimsuit - PrettyLittleThing
Denim Skirt - Topshop 
Hat - Penneys 
Necklace - Penneys 

Outfit 2
Culottes - Topshop 
Sandals - Dunnes Stores 

Outfit 3
Denim skirt - Zara

Denim jacket - not mine but you should be able to find similar ones 

1 comment: